Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
Voir le deal
64.99 €

Fragment #74 - A lawyer

AuteurMessage
Alhena

Alhena

Fragment #74 - A lawyer Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #74 - A lawyer   Fragment #74 - A lawyer Empty05.01.09 14:38

Saturday, November 8th 2008
in Glasgow

When I wake up, Steve is already doing the washing up of his breakfast. I try to get up, but it's really early, and I'm definitively too tired. Steve is working today and the gentleman from the Embassy should be back around 8 tonight to get his deposition. The more I think about it, the more I'm surprised about how many times Steve and I had to deal with the police since we're together... He grabs his jumper and his coat, and comes to kiss me goodbye. He invented this very peculiar way to kiss me. Especially when he leaves. I think he knows that Matthew and I made this moment a particular one, and Steve doesn't want me to think back about that time. He's so sweet and tender with me. He gets closer, not looking like it, and softly, puts his hand on my head. He follows the curve of my hair and when he reaches the nape, he pulls me towards him and kiss me on the forehead before kissing me lightly on the lips. I know, it doesn't seem much, but it's different and nice, and I need it in our times of great uncertainty and somehow of great danger.
Once Steve is gone, I get up and get ready, and then leave to meet up with my dad. I still don't know what to believe. I'm not sure anymore if I can trust him or not. He was such a role model for me. Someone who didn't bury his integrity for the sake of his country or of money. But we all loose our illusions at some point. Every single illusion.
I reach his hotel, and get to his room. When I enter, I notice that Paul is there already and that he's looking at me with a closed face. I konw, little bro'. You'll loose faith too, someday.
My dad comes to me and hugs me.
"Ah, Charlotte. How are you today?" He's all smiles and easiness, when I'm grins and doubt.
"I could be better, Father." I turn to my brother. "Good morning, Paul."
"Morning, Sis'."
"Why exactly are we speaking English?" I ask.
A tall, black-haired, man comes out of the bathroom. My dad takes his arm and introduces us.
"Charlotte, let me introduce you to our lawyer, Mr Joe Slane. Mr Slane, my daughter Charlotte."
I shake his hand.
"A lawyer?" I ask.
"Yes. I thought it would probably be wiser to ask Mr Slane's advice in our little matter."
I look at my father and at Paul. I grab my bag and get out.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #74 - A lawyer
Page 1 sur 1