Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

Fragment #120 - How is it to be done

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Alhena

Alhena

Fragment #120 - How is it to be done Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #120 - How is it to be done   Fragment #120 - How is it to be done Empty29.06.09 0:09

Sunday, June 28th 2009
on the Isle of Skye

I'm standing in front of the closed doors of the little church. It's packed with friends and family. But most importantly, Steve is waiting for me behind those doors. Aidan is there too, sleeping. My little boy. We kind of have to hurry, otherwise, I'll be getting undressed in front of everybody to feed him... I turn to my dad. He takes my face in his hands.
"You ready?"
"Yes. Yes I am ready."
He takes my hand, and knocks on the door. A voice raises from inside the church.
"Who is it?"
"A lassie and her father, willing to receive the Blessing of the Lord." my father answers with his deep voice.
"You may come in" the priest says.
The doors open and I start walking down the aisle, following my father's pace. I know people are looking at me, and smiling, but I don't see them. There is only the man at the far end, wearing a blue and green tartan. Once we get to the altar, my father turns to the priest.
"Father, here is my daughter. I wish her fate to be placed under God's protection in this man's hands."
Victoria, Steve's mum, steps in and, holding Steve's hands, speaks loudly.
"Father, here is my son. I wish his fortune to be placed under God's protection in this woman's hands."
The priest raises his hands above his head, and replies: "Brothers and sisters, I have heard your wishes. Let's now bound these two young lovers under God's protection."
My dad and Victoria step back to their seats, and I turn to Steve, holding my hand out. He looks at me and take it. His hand is cool and warm at the same time. He presses my fingers a little, then turns back to the priest.
I hardly listen to the ceremony, but I know that after a little while - and after having said yes - the crowd in the church applauses, and I can at last kiss Steve.

I can at last call him, my husband.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #120 - How is it to be done   Fragment #120 - How is it to be done Empty30.06.09 9:58

:D
I like how the fragment is very realistic, the dialogues and the fact her mind rushes to the end of the ceremony. I can't wait to see how the happy family will be doing from now on!
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #120 - How is it to be done   Fragment #120 - How is it to be done Empty30.06.09 10:01

Haven't noticed: she got married on the Isle of Skye??? She is so lucky!!!
Altaïr

Altaïr

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #120 - How is it to be done   Fragment #120 - How is it to be done Empty30.06.09 15:40

So great!
http://etoilesdencre.com/
Altaïr

Altaïr

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #120 - How is it to be done   Fragment #120 - How is it to be done Empty30.06.09 15:44

(i'm working right now, so i can't use my colour :( )
http://etoilesdencre.com/
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #120 - How is it to be done   Fragment #120 - How is it to be done Empty

Fragment #120 - How is it to be done
Page 1 sur 1