Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

Fragment #1 - Why I do come back

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

Fragment #1 - Why I do come back Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #1 - Why I do come back   Fragment #1 - Why I do come back Empty04.01.09 20:35

Friday, October 26th 2007
in Glasgow

Why do I come back? I had the choice though. Why to be there and not at home?
I may have never felt more at home than in this place. Didn't have the will to try and feel at home back to France: I've tried too hard for twenty years...
I got a text. This is Steven, an ex-boyfriend, from Inverness. “How are you anyway? Glasgow misses you”. This is why I'm back. Never had this kind of attention from a French person, I think. “Well this is good because I'm back” “What do you mean?” I mean I'm back there. They offered me my job back in this great school in the Southside, and I took the chance. Because for once in my life, there is a chance, and there is the will. Let's be happy again. Glasgow I'm back. I don't care that I'm French, I don’t care that Tours is meant to be my hometown. I prefer Glasgow’s rain. Because there is warmth here you would never find anywhere else in the world. This is my true hometown.
I get off the train in Central Station. The journey has been short from Paris. It's been good as well. Just a smile, that guy in front of me is looking at me. He is quite hot to be honest, dark hair, dark eyes. I take a magazine off my bag, French magazine. And then, he is asking where I am from, in French. So weird I’ve got to go to Glasgow to meet an attractive French guy. Never mind. Half an hour later, there we are: Glasgow Central. And Anthony got my phone number. Let’s wait and see.
It feels so good to be there. I have a look all around, nothing changed. The same shops, Mark’s and Spencer’s, Claire’s, Supercuts, the wee cookies’ shop… I leave the station; call a taxi company in Union Street. In no time, I will be back to Claire’s place, my former flat mate, ready to find a new place to live at, ready to get my new life started: I am going to stay over there for longer than I have ever planned when I first left France.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Menkalinan

Menkalinan

Fragment #1 - Why I do come back Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #1 - Why I do come back   Fragment #1 - Why I do come back Empty24.02.09 22:33

"Glasgow’s rain"
Funny :)
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #1 - Why I do come back
Page 1 sur 1