Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

Fragment #2 - It's Saturday and I don't want to party

AuteurMessage
Alhena

Alhena

Fragment #2 - It's Saturday and I don't want to party Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #2 - It's Saturday and I don't want to party   Fragment #2 - It's Saturday and I don't want to party Empty05.01.09 1:26

Saturday, March 29th 2008
In Glasgow

I sit down in front of my computer. What should I do first? Checking my mails? Going on that very interesting website that I found the other day? No, I know myself. I should write my article first, and then free time.
I get up, go through my bag in search of my note pad, and come back to my laptop, my cup of coffee in my hand. The white page of Word is waiting for me. I can feel that tickling feeling in my belly as always when I’m about to write something. Come on, it’s just an article. Another one. No big deal. I catch in the corner of my eye the pile of papers and jotters that are meant to become a novel one day… That would be something but I don’t want to worry about it. Ok, let’s go, enough of the nonsense. I put my cup of coffee on the table beside me and start writing about the film I’ve seen as press a week before its release. Not too bad. Not too good either, but I’m not a big fan of thrillers anyway. When at last my article is written, I send it by mail to Bob, the editor of the newspaper I work for. It’s only the first draft, for Bob always sends articles back with comments. He is such a perfectionist. I laugh a bit at the thought and get up to put some music on. I can’t live without music. My mother’s piano glitters in front of the window, but I shake my head. No, not just now sweetheart. I reach the stereo and look through my CDs. I’ve got quite a few, and the collection is still growing. Well, when I can afford it, that is. After a moment, I’m decided in favour of Damien Rice. I don’t listen much to it, because I find it quite depressing but I need some calmness today. Once I’ve pressed play, I come back to the computer, and click on the internet icon.

It’s dark now. I get up, leave the cup in the sink in the kitchen and head for the bathroom. Hum, a nice warm shower… At the moment I’m going under the water, the phone rings. I mumble a bit, wrap a towel around me and pick up the phone by my bed.
“Hey, Charlie, it’s me.”
“Hi, Cameron. Guess what? You caught me about to have a shower. Again! I’m gonna start wondering if you’re not spying on me!!!”
He laughs.
“Oh, I wouldn’t dare! Are you doing anything tonight?”
“Tonight, no, nothing planned yet.” I answer.
“Ok, that’s great, ‘cause I just receive a call from Steve.”
“Hum, and what did he say?”
“Well, apparently, you are in the starting block to become the new Miss World…”
“Hahaha, very funny indeed. Seriously?”
“Oh, we are seriously invited to his party, which is starting in twenty minutes.”
“A party?” I can’t help but to sound a bit disappointed.
“Yeah, should I pick you up?”
“Er, no… thanks. I’m not feeling too well, I think I’m going to stay inside, with that wind and everything…”
“You sure? Come on, Charlie, it’s going to be fun?”
“No thanks. Say hi to everybody and enjoy yourself. I’ll see you on Monday at work, ok?”
“Ok, Princess, your choice. Take care. Bye.”
“You too, bye.”

Under the water, hummm. A bit of calmness and rest is all I need tonight…
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #2 - It's Saturday and I don't want to party
Page 1 sur 1