Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
-55%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Coffret d’outils – STANLEY – STMT0-74101 – 38 pièces – ...
21.99 € 49.04 €
Voir le deal

Fragment #9 - Just the start

AuteurMessage
Alhena

Alhena

Fragment #9 - Just the start Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #9 - Just the start   Fragment #9 - Just the start Empty05.01.09 12:05

Sunday, April 6th 2008
In Glasgow

I take my glasses off my nose. Sundays are not exactly my favourite days of the week. I always have a lot more to do on those days than I wished. But, hey, “a man’s got to do what a man’s got to do’. Except that I’m a woman. Life is ironic. Ironic… Oh, I know what I need. I get up from my chair, and go to the stereo. I pull out the CD that was in and put in Alanis Morissette’s Jagged Little Pill instead. Track 10, Ironic. Hum…
Yesterday was a hard day. Paul and I took my car and went to visit Saint Andrews. Nice little town. I had never been there before, which is weird, ‘cause I tend to travel quite a lot around Scotland. But, of course, Paul being here as a French assistant, and this year being his first year, he hasn’t seen much of the wild country yet. We had a real good time, if it wasn’t for the icy cold wind. Lunch on the beach, walks around. Paul took a lot of pictures, half of them probably over exposed because of the sun. When we came back, it was already time to go to Camie’s. I just stopped to buy some nice wine.
Cameron lives in a quite expensive flat by the Clyde. He’s got a very good view on the brand new bridge that cost the city millions of pounds and has to be closed now because of two of the cables which broke one night. But his flat is still very nice. I like it, it’s very colourful. We spent a great time, just the three of us. Cameron is really cool. I like the way he behaves with my little brother. They are more or less the same age, but Cameron is slightly more mature, as Paul is still studying. Then, it was time to go back home, especially for Paul, because the day at Saint Andrews added to the tiredness of the week. And you need to be in full possession of all your senses when you have to work with little devils every day like he does.
I dropped him at the flat he shares with three other assistants on Great Western road, and then was off to my own, in Hamilton Drive.
I wake up, this morning, and what surprise expects me? Snow! I can not believe this country!! Two days ago, my window was open and I was working wearing only my t-shirt and today, it’s snowing… Anyway, I get ready, and off I am for my cinema day. Almost every Sunday I go and see at least two films. Like that, I don’t have to rush to write my articles for the next Thursday… Today, my program was full: The Spiderwick Chronicles, 27 Dresses and How she move. That’s why I am still at my computer just now, instead of chilling out in front of the TV… I’m writing my articles.

The Spiderwick Chronicles. “Surfing on the fantasy-adapted-from-children-book wave, Mark Waters delivers here a convincing film for who likes this genre. Although skilled at adapting books (Just like Heaven in 2005) and at directing teenagers (Freaky Friday in 2003 and Mean Girls in 2005), the themes approached here seem somewhat larger and deeper than the plain parents-children relationships. Special mention to the young Freddie Highmore, already seen in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, or Finding Neverland. Having to interact with strangers when they are supposed to be your brothers and sisters is never easy, but when you have to play your own twin brother…”

27 Dresses. “I must say that I keep an inquisitive eye on the work of Katherine Heigl. The reason for that is simply that I believe her route in the cinema business to be unusual. Of course, she is a young woman, playing mainly the part of young woman, usually falling in love. But she is also this actress who had the courage to step into TV shows when her career wasn’t working that well, rather than doing the wrong films. Everybody who watches Grey’s Anatomy now knows her. And to be honest, although at first, this film looks just like another romantic comedy, there are some pretty nice and funny moments about it, thanks to Katherine Heigl and James Marsden…”

How she move. “Let’s go straight to the point here. For those of you that think that Dirty Dancing is boring, that Step up and other Stomp the Yard are waste of time, well, this one is surely not for you. For the others, though, the true fans of good hip-hop and urban American culture, join in, because, this one is worth it. The plot is maybe not the utmost original (a young lady from a poor background joins a dancing crew to win a big prize that will pay for her medicine studies), but the choreographies are gorgeous and the confrontation of the characters actually real. And that feels good…”

And that is just the start… Geez, I think I am going to have to drop that column… I’ll finish tomorrow, too tired. Hum… my bed!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #9 - Just the start
Page 1 sur 1