Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

Fragment #24 - New change

AuteurMessage
Alhena

Alhena

Fragment #24 - New change Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #24 - New change   Fragment #24 - New change Empty05.01.09 12:16

Friday, May 16th 2008
In Glasgow

I wake up, and sit down on the edge of my bed. The alarm clock says 8 o'clock. I go to the bathroom and close the door. A good shower, that's what I need. I can't really sleep at night these days, or rather these nights. I can't help imagining the trial and his face. I also struggle with Steve. He hardly speaks, even to Paul. I don't know what else to do... I finish to dress up, grab my bag and my keys. Let's go to work.

I let myself fall on the chair. Cameron is not here yet. The newspapers of the day that I bought on my way here, are waiting for me on the desk. I close my eyes. I don't feel too good, but I don't want anybody to see it. I make myself a cup of tea and try to eat a couple of biscuits. I can't even put them in my mouth. I'm walking up and down the room, trying to warm up. I don't know why I'm cold... It's quite warm outside. I hear the door and turn around in time to greet Camie. As soon as he lays eyes on me, a worrying look comes onto his face. He puts his jacket on the back of his chair and then, comes up to me. He looks at me, frowning. He then puts his hand on my forehead, and ask me how I am. I start laughing and say that I'm fine, although I know why he looks worried, I've seen my reflection in the mirror this morning.
Later on, Bob surprises us in our den. At the moment he sits down, I can see the door closing on Cameron. Well done, Camie, telling the big boss...
"How are you, Charlie?"
"I'm good, Bob, a bit tired but good."
"Listen, Charlie ..."
I look at him straight in the eye. Don't tell me I'm not good for this job anymore. Don't take this away from me. It's the only thing that keeps me going. That, and Steve's presence at home. Don't take it from me.
"Yes?"
"We had a look through the results of the new pages, since last month. Yours is doing really well. But we think you need more people. And I want you off the writing. We have high prospects for you here. So, what about editing and starting training?"
I take two seconds to think. Two pieces of informations here: one, we're going to have free-lance journalists. Two, another change: I won't be writing articles anymore... Ok, but just for now. Until I'm better.
"Ok, for the free-lance and the editing, but I want to stay with the page for now. It's my baby, and Cameron's. I don't want to leave yet."
"Sure, no problem. So let's change your timetable starting today... Yes. You'll work only mornings in the office. The rest, you can do from home, I'm sure."
"Er... ok, but what about my pay?"
"Well, we keep the one you have now, no? We can't offer more, I'm afraid."
"No, no, the same will be fine."
He stands up and prepares to leave.
"Er, Bob?"
'Yes?"
"Thank you. Really."
"No problem, Charlie. Take care of yourself. And we trust you, so don't do too much."
"I won't."
"Good. Now, you can pack up, and go home."
"But..."
"Now look, it's ten past two. And your timetable starts today. So, off you go, and see you tomorrow."
He leaves, and Cameron comes in. He can help but having a little smile. I pack up my stuff, and on my way to the door, I tell him:
"Remind me, why did i hire you?"
"Because I am efficient and clever, and gorgeous and a sexual beast.*
"Shut up, silly! I hope you're going to work this afternoon..."
"Don't worry Princess, I'll come to yours tonight to give you a full report."
"Deal, see you tonight!"
"Bye."
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #24 - New change
Page 1 sur 1