Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

Fragment #66 - First day back to work

AuteurMessage
Alhena

Alhena

Fragment #66 - First day back to work Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #66 - First day back to work   Fragment #66 - First day back to work Empty05.01.09 14:30

Monday, October 27th 2008
in Glasgow

It’s 8 o’clock, and I get in the lift. Back to work, after two weeks: what am I going to find? A wretched place? I doubt it. I get out of the torture instrument, alive once again, and head for my office. I enter the room, nobody in there. The desks are tidy, like the room. Well, no bad surprise so far. I put my bag and my coat in the chair and browse through the papers on my desk. The three last pages, Camie’s work, a dozen of letters, from readers. And there, on my screen, a sticky note: Meet us in Cameron’s office. Let’s go then.
As I’m heading there, I notice how quiet the office is. I think it’s the first time that it’s so quiet. Well, it’s early too, but not more than usual. The receptionist is there, behind her counter. I can see movement behind Bob’s door, and all this comforts me in the idea that nothing bad is going to happen to me. I reach Cameron’s door, and knock three times. A well-known voice asks me to come in, and I open the door.
And here they are. They’re all sleeping. On chairs, on mattresses, on the floor, even. All except Camie at his desk, like the captain of a boat. The last to sleep after the tempest. I smile at his tired face.
“Morning sunshine.”
“Good morning, Camie.”
I make my way to him, trying not to walk on anybody. Here and there I recognize faces: Daniel, Giulia, Grace and George, the two main assistants of Cameron.
I whisper: “What’s going on here?”
“Well, we were a bit late on schedule, so everybody agreed to stay a little later yesterday. And well, once the page finished, one things leading to another… we celebrated a little.” He smiles, and looks around. “I feel bad for Daniel and Giulia. Now you’re back, they’re going to have to wake up and work.”
“No, no way. Listen, there’s no rush, the page for this week is done. We only need to get started on the one for next week. Let’s chat a little. What do you think?”
“Deal Princess. Although I could use some coffee.”
“Did you sleep at all?”
“Er, no, not really.”
“Well, then…” I push and pull and manage to create enough space for him to lay down on the sofa. “Here you go. You sleep and rest. I’ll be on watch. And I’ll take care of breakfast.”
“You sure?”
“Yes! Go on.”
“Ok. Cheers, Charlie…”
And five seconds later, he’s sleeping like a baby.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #66 - First day back to work
Page 1 sur 1