Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Alhena

Alhena

Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day   Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day Empty17.03.09 22:20

Tuesday, March 17th 2009
in Glasgow

I close the bathroom door, and walk back in the big common room. The nurses have decorated it on the occasion, and everywhere on the walls, bright orange-white-green flags and garlands are hanging. Bette is playing some music on the stereo while we wait for the band to show up. All the patients are quite excited. It's not the Irish National Day everyday! The cook has worked quite well on the occasion. We've got Irish Stew, scones, and some Apple Tart as dessert. And for those of us who feel like it, we can also have some Irish Coffee. I'm tempted but decide that it wouldn't be too reasonable. And before I can actually think that decision through, Jonathan calls me over to his table.
"Hey Steve!"
"Hi Jon!"
His mum is there, a big smile on her face. Jon seems really pleased to have her here, which is a huge progress.
"How are you guys doing?""
"We're fine, thank you Steve."
Poor woman. I do feel for her. It must be hard to live what she's been through... I smile at her, shake Jon's hand and move to another table.
"Steve, you have a minute?"
I turn around to face Mary. She is wearing a gorgeous green dress that shows... Well, what it should show, I suppose. I wonder how it would fit on Charlie. I remember her in the dress I brought her back from Hungary... She looked stunning in it. I follow Mary in her office, two corridors away from the common room, where the band has finally started. There would be a pause in about an hour, for them to rest, and we'll have a little quizz instead. I'm in Jon's team, and I wish he could win a couple of answers. He needs it for his self-esteem.
I get in the room, and she closes the door behind me. I don't have the time to turn around, she hugs me from behind. Not really a friendly hug, more of a lover's hug. Slowly, I take her hands off me, and turn to face her.
"Mary?..." I can't finish my sentence, her mouth is kissing mine, quite impatiently. As soon as she started it, she stops it, and looks at me.
"God, I wanted to do that for so long."
"Mary, what is all this about?"
"Isn't it obvious, Steve?"
Well, it is, I think. She wants to be with me. But I don't want to be with you Mary. And I can't pretend just to protect your feelings. I'm sorry.
"I'm sorry."
"What are you sorry, for, dummie?!" She tries to kiss me again. I step back, and grabs her wrists. I thought that would discourage her, but a tinckle in her eyes light up.
"If that's how you like it best..." She gets out of my graps and starts unzipping her dress. Oh God, this is going out of hand. React Steve, and quickly.
"Mary, what are you doing? I'm not going to have sex with you. Nothing will happen between us."
I'm facing her back. She isn't moving an inch.
"I'm getting married, Mary. Charlie and I are going to be wife and husband."
The silence, still...
"Mary?"
"Get out."
I sigh. And when I realise she's not going to say anything more, I get out of the room and join the others listening to the band.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day   Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day Empty22.03.09 11:37

Nice St Patrick's Day fragment. Are we supposed to know who is Mary? (Sorry about the question)
I like how he can't stop thinking about Charlie, it's sweet...
Alhena

Alhena

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day   Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day Empty24.03.09 15:48

Mary is one of his colleagues. I have been talking a lot about her... Are you reading my fragments seriously, Mesarthim? !!!
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day   Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day Empty24.03.09 21:08

I haven't realised she was always there, and always the same, but maybe because Steve doesn't look at her this way... But after what she just did, don't worry I'll remember her!
So I read again some fragments and... Mary knows about Charlie, so why is she doing this?? Or am I really naive and stupid to believe that you don't go after another woman's man?
Benetnash

Benetnash

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day   Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day Empty24.03.09 21:13

Mesarthim a écrit:
Or am I really naive and stupid to believe that you don't go after another woman's man?
That's cute, but a little genuine
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day   Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day Empty25.03.09 1:07

At least I am aware it is. But still it doesn't feel right to me.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day   Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day Empty

Fragment #15 - St Patrick's Day
Page 1 sur 1