Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où acheter le coffret dresseur ...
Voir le deal

Fragment #10 - Playing too hard

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

Fragment #10 - Playing too hard Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #10 - Playing too hard   Fragment #10 - Playing too hard Empty04.01.09 20:51

Friday, December 21st 2007
in Glasgow

I’m standing next to the bar. I asked for another drink. I feel confident, wearing my favourite jeans, a strapless black top and some golden high heels shoes. I’ve spent time carefully straightening my hair. I’m staring at this hot guy dancing with a blond girl. She isn’t pretty. Maybe I could… That would be entertaining. I feel like having fun tonight. I haven’t got any news from Adam. Not that I was expecting any. But this definitely sucks, again. This guy, dancing with the blond girl… Tall, dark hair, he is just my type of guy. May I be bitchy tonight?
“Hey my name’s Mike”
What? Who’s this? This man, next to me, obviously wants to talk, actually really handsome… Blue eyes, nice smile, charming voice…
“Mine is Amy”
“He is cute isn’t it?”
What the hell…? So what, he is just telling me he is the competition? But surprisingly enough, he is a nice guy. He tells me he is from London, visiting Glasgow, he likes the place: men wearing kilts, he thinks this is hot. And so do I. “Stop talking to my boyfriend.”
There is something else. Where is this girl coming from? Her boyfriend? The same one commenting on hot guys? And her strong French accent…
“Et tu sais que ton mec matte le même gars que moi ?”
“Et alors ? Il me les ramène après. Et il les choisit bien.”
I am stunned. She is a very sluttish girl, too much make-up, too less clothes, even for Glasgow’s taste. She is wearing this tiny see-through red dress… But she’s got the perfect body to go with it.
“Amy, this is Laetitia. Are you French too?” He hands over the drink he just asked the barman to her. I swallow some of my vodka orange. Who are those people?
Mark is at the other end of the bar, with our friends, and Claire. Girls are wearing nice and sexy dresses, they are having nice conversations, laughing, smiling at each other: my sweet world.
“They are your friends?”
“Yeah, they are.”
“Why are you standing on your own in this case?”
I swallow the rest of my drink.
“What are you drinking?” And Mike buys me another drink, which doesn’t seem to please Laetitia. We talk about what they do in Glasgow, where do they stay, I give them some tips about where to go out and they tell me about their trip in the UK. They tell me about their lives, all drugs, sex and parties. It sounds so cooler than my teacher’s life…The club is very busy tonight. I feel like having fun. Breaking rules like the teenagers I teach. Mike is giving me something, a red pill. Laetitia is looking at me over her glass, amused. Am I playing too hard?
“Amy? Are you alright?” Mark. Prince charming comes to rescue the damsel in distress. Crap. My sweet life is catching me up.
“Is he your boyfriend?” Mike asks. He’s got the weirdest smile ever… Lust.
I don’t have time to answer, Mark does.
“Yes, and we are going home darling.’
He drags me away, I don’t even have time to say bye. I know they were going to ask, and I wanted them to. Things are blurred, I guess my last drink was too much.
“They were weird, what have you been doing with those people?” That was just nice conversation with some people in a club.
Who am I kidding?
“Amy you don’t look good. You should go home.”
I don’t want to. I wanted that red pill, I wanted to cross the line, come through the looking glass, I need to know if I can be someone else.
“Amy? Answer me. You’re not yourself tonight. You should take better care of yourself. Or let someone do it for you”. You don’t know how much I would love to.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Menkalinan

Menkalinan

Fragment #10 - Playing too hard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #10 - Playing too hard   Fragment #10 - Playing too hard Empty25.02.09 0:16

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #10 - Playing too hard
Page 1 sur 1