Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le coffret Collection Alakazam-ex ?
Voir le deal

Fragment #32 - I want to be on the road again

AuteurMessage
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

Fragment #32 - I want to be on the road again Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #32 - I want to be on the road again   Fragment #32 - I want to be on the road again Empty04.01.09 21:30

Monday, April 28th 2008
in Glasgow

Now is the time for shutting down the computer, putting back on my flat shoes, leaving school, taking the bus back to the West End. The last few days have been so busy. I realize that it’s just been a week since I came back from the school trip, but it seems either like yesterdays, or like a month ago: it’s the sensation of unreality about time I get from being too busy and too tired at the same time. The pupils have been allowed to miss the first day back to school. It hasn’t been the case for us. I’ve seen Kierran, Matthew and Alison, looking tired, and still a bit reddened by Seville’s sunshine. But we are getting back on our feet now, it would be fun to plan a staff night out for the French and Spanish departments. I have a look around me. My classroom, empty, tidy, quiet: I like those few minutes after the rush of the school day, on my own, when I’m not thinking, just emptying my mind, enjoying a bit of peace and quiet. This is not something I do much, so I appreciate it. I look back at my computer screen. I should check my mails before leaving, it wouldn’t hurt, I don’t do it very often. And then I remember this mail I’ve got, from Seville! How did I manage do forget this? Maybe the tiredness on last Monday, I guess… I read through it again, amazed that this guy from another city, another country I didn’t talk to that much… We have nothing in commun, but still he wrote to me. Actually, for what I understand in this mail, he is waiting for an answer…

Hey! Ahora debes estar por Córdoba, también es una ciudad bonita, aunque Sevilla lo es más. Espero que disfrutaras de tus días en mi ciudad y de que quieras volver otra vez (sin alumnos jejeje). También espero que entiendas este email y que me contestes a tu regreso a Escocia.

Definitely he wants me to write back, maybe to tell him what did I think of Seville and Cordoba. It seems that now we are connected. I sigh. It’s been sunny and gorgeous for a few days in Glasgow. I love Glasgow, I feel safe here. But do I like safe? I’m craving for thrill and novelty .I want to go back on a trip. It doesn’t happen very often, but I don’t like being at work those days, I would prefer to be on holidays again. I want to be on the road again…

I have a look at the Spanish dictionary of the shelf, next to French books. This is unusual, exotic. This feels like fresh air. Let’s answer back to my new friend. Maybe I should ask for help, Alison maybe. This trip made me realize how poor my Spanish has become. I’ll need to freshen it, so to give some proper news from Escocia...
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #32 - I want to be on the road again
Page 1 sur 1