Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où acheter le coffret dresseur ...
Voir le deal

Fragment #13 - At the Counting House

AuteurMessage
Alhena

Alhena

Fragment #13 - At the Counting House Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #13 - At the Counting House   Fragment #13 - At the Counting House Empty05.01.09 12:07

Wednesday, April 16th 2008
In Glasgow

After work, I go to have a drink with Cameron. We go to that big bar on St Vincent Street, facing George Square and the City Halls: the Counting House. I really like this place. It used to be a bank, a while ago. They changed the desks and all but kept the atmosphere thanks to panels with notes and bank’s symbols. In the others rooms than the bar, they put up paintings and explanations about famous people and events of Scotland. It’s a very touristic and family place but I really like it, for all of that. Camie and I are sitting there, chatting quietly, when a guy comes up to our table. He stands there without saying a word. Cameron then looks at him.
“Yes?”
The guy looks at me. I know his face, I’m sure I do… Shit, the guy from the bar of the other night. Shit. He starts talking, looking at me, and completely ignoring Cameron.
“So, sweetie, having fun kicking people in the balls, are we?” He points at Camie. “Is he your next victim? Does he know what you do to nice guys?”
He pulls a chair and sits down. He’s talking to Cameron now.
“You see, mate, I better warn you. Cause that little angel face hurt me badly! Ok, get the picture. I’m dancing, you know…
Cameron stops him.
“I’m not interested by your story. And who are you calling mate?” The way he is looking at the man makes me chill: it’s just cold and determined.
“Easy now son, I’m trying to do you a favour…”
“Well, I don’t want it. So do yourself a favour and fuck off.”
“Oy, don’t talk to me like that. I’ll go when I’ll be finish with that little piece of shit,” he says, now looking at me.
I can’t bear any longer. I get up and get my bag. I’m about to set off, when someone grab my arm. It’s the man.
“Hey, where do you think you’re going?” I don’t answer. He pulls me back towards himself. “I’ll tell you where you are going, we are going outside, so that you can give a full apology about your behaviour, ok? And maybe, who knows, you’ll reconsider the proposition…” He looks at me viciously. Cameron stands up.
“No, she’ll go nowhere with you. Let’s go, honey.” He grabs my left hand and starts walking away. The man comes after us, and grabbing Camie’s left arm pulls him back.
“She’ll do what I say, and you shut your fucking mouth.”
Camie’s left fist finds the face of the guy before anybody else understands what’s happening. The silence fills the big room, everybody holding their breath. The guy looks at Camie. Everybody looks at Camie, me as well. Then the man says, between his teeth:
“You’re so going to regret this!”
He comes closer. Cameron pushes me behind him. He faces the guy. I’m there seeing that and wishing with all my heart that someone does something so that it stops. I’m looking around me but nobody moves. They are just… bewildered.
“Stop now!” The security guy. God bless the security guy. He reaches us in two seconds and steps between Cameron and the guy.
“What’s going on, here?” He looks at both of them. “Sir?” he says looking at Cameron.
“This man came to insult my friend and threaten her.”
The security guy then turns around and faces the man.
“Is that true, sir?”
The man looks at me. “No, sir. I met that woman a few days ago and I wanted to tell what a nice time I spend with her. Her boyfriend apparently did not know about it, and took revenge on me.”
The security guy then turns to me. “Miss?”
“That is not true sir.” I look at the man in the eye. “I’ve never met that man before.”
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #13 - At the Counting House
Page 1 sur 1