Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

Fragment # 17 – Aching with laughter

AuteurMessage
Alhena

Alhena

Fragment # 17 – Aching with laughter Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment # 17 – Aching with laughter   Fragment # 17 – Aching with laughter Empty05.01.09 12:10

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008
In Glasgow

I’m so tired, I don’t actually feel the lift test. In my office, Cameron is waiting for me, completely hyper.
“Hi Princess, guess what?”
“You’re becoming a monk?”
“Haha, very funny, little smart head! No, the big bosses send the file back.”
I turn pale.
“Hey, breathe in, Charlie, it’s good news!”
“I… What do you mean good news?”
“I mean that our page is secured! We’ve got the job!”
And Cameron gives me a huge hug. After the first emotion, I finally get to relax and I start crying. I can’t help it. Last night was difficult, and I haven’t slept much. Having someone around when I’m used to be alone… Having a man around, when it used to be you… Shhh, little memory, not now. Now is time for work and celebration. The file is there, sitting on my desk. Cameron falls disgraceful in the chair in front of me, and then, the next minute, before I even sat myself, he’s up again, and browsing through the cds. He seems to find the one he was looking for. Play. The first notes of Celebration, Kool & The Gang. I smile. Cameron comes to me and, with a wink, takes my hand.
“This dance’s taken, ma’am?”
I laugh frankly, and we start dancing in the middle of the office, until Giulia comes in with some pictures. She stops at the threshold, a bit startled, and then, goes and gets Daniel. They both come in, and join us. At the end of the song, I beg to sit down: my belly is aching thanks to the laughs. Giulia sits down next to me.
“So, Charlie, what’s on the news?”
“The news are… we’re getting on! My editorial is front page next Monday. And the page will be on every Wednesday.”
“Did they tell you why it took them so long?”
I’m reading through the file. I start laughing again.
“It says here that it was because they were not sure if they shouldn’t be doing the page in another language.”
“What?” Daniel asks.
“And what did they decide?”
Cameron answers for me.
“Well… Foreigners don’t necessarily speak the same language, so how would they have chosen which language? But, that was Bob’s to explain. The others didn’t have a clue.”

The laughter starts over and over again. It’s a nice day today.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment # 17 – Aching with laughter
Page 1 sur 1