Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G Double Sim 128Go ...
389 € 539 €
Voir le deal

Fragment #55 - The shrink

AuteurMessage
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

Fragment #55 - The shrink Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #55 - The shrink   Fragment #55 - The shrink Empty05.01.09 14:45

Monday, November 3rd 2008
in Glasgow

Dr Shibboan McCourt. Psychoanalyst.

This is the name next to the door. Let's believe this can work out. At least this will show Claire and Sarah that I'm making an effort. And after all they've done... It's the least I can do.

We are both sitting in armchairs. She has a notebook on her knees. A pencil. She is middle-aged, she has got brown shoulder-lengh hair. Her green eyes give her a clever and nice look.
"So why are you here, Miss Le Goff? This is a nice name, where does it come from?"
I already gave her the prescription I had three weeks ago, sleeping pills and antidepressants. I like her warm voice, the fact that she just makes me talk, that she tries to be truly interested in me. After five or ten minutes talking about France, about my job, teaching French... I start talking about the pupils, the fear I have since August, the weird dreams...
"Really I have these weird dreams, that I don't understand, they are recurring, it's driving me crazy. See even during the day. On Halloween night, I was at a party, I was a bit drunk, and I had this weird awake dream, very frightening..."
"And does that happen a lot? The drinking part?"
The question strikes me. What could I possibly answer? Should I lie. Or should I just tell her that yes, in a year, I can't remember a party where I've been to without thinking "that was too much, never again". And the smoking became a daily habit... How bad did this become... She sees my sorry and baffled look. She looks at me, gently, and says:
"It's okay. To start talking about things is a very good first step. We will talk it over."
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #55 - The shrink
Page 1 sur 1