Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

Fragment #11 - Bellerophon

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Benetnash

Benetnash

Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #11 - Bellerophon   Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty26.01.09 18:19

Monday, 26th January 2009
In Angoulême

I have to call one of them. I already should have by yesterday. But I am pretty confident that they understand that this kind of decision must be carefully taken and thought of. Well actually I had kind of forgotten about it, which sums up pretty well why I am not decided yet. But they do not need to know about that. They seemed interested. I am reluctant to make my choice. I am still not utterly convinced about the flawlessness of the decision. But I don’t have a choice on the matter. The only thing I have to do is chose carefully.
So, on this one side of the ring, we have Alex, the student in pharmacology. Greasy hair, spectacles, the exact stereotype of the nerd spending his whole life on the computer. He must be looking for a flat in order to grow his wings from an over-protective mother of any kind. If I had to guess, I’d say that the thesis he’s working on must be related to some sort of comparison between the drug addiction and the video games’ one. A quiet, discrete and peaceful flatmate. However, not a very fun one.
And on the other side of the ring stands Catherine. Blonde, medium-sized, braided hair. A nice girl, or so it seems. Friendly and cheerful. She didn’t looked bothered neither by the slight disorder I had scientifically exposed on the flat, nor by the two plates sitting in the sink. I always thought it might look suspicious for someone to tidy up his flat before it got visited. I chose to have it a little messy, so the applicants could get used to the kind of place they are going to live in, and obviously, the kind of person they are going to live with too. I am not too fond of cleaning the place all day long. Hell, I am a boy, it must be written in my genes or something. And there is no way that I’ll have a flatmate who will blame me for that. She seemed cool with that. But obviously enough, she is a girl… And a pretty one, to boot. Not that I fear to be tempted or anything, but… Melaine would probably feel different about it. Not to mention she would probably not be very happy to walk into her leaving the bathroom half-naked on a Sunday morning…
And then, ladies and gentleman, stands Teddy. But this one was knocked out of the competition the moment I smelled his breath full of smoke. And the guy had the guts to tell me he wasn’t smoking! I don’t care about smokers, but the boy who rented the apartment before me was one of them. It took six months of open windows and perfumed air-sprays to get the smell out of the fitted carpet and the bedding.
I sure may get along better with Catherine, but I would definitely get less trouble by having Alex by my side. Besides, the guy speaks a very good English, with a very slight French accent, whereas the girl assured me that she only babbled a few words. In fact, that could be a interesting opportunity to improve my poor French. I spent too much time speaking English in this country. Melaine is English and so is her family with who I spend a lot of time. My team is full of foreign players and Marcus gives his instructions in English most of the time. But I can only imagine the amount of problems that could come with daily misunderstandings.
It looks like I still have to face an issue here. I chopped off one head of the Chimera, but I still have to deal with two more, nonetheless. Might be a good time to call a Pegasus at my rescue.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #11 - Bellerophon   Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty26.01.09 23:34

I found the mythological reference funny, quite unexpected. Funny poundering moment about people's psychology and relationships.

By the way, am I the only one who just learned Melaine is English? (though I remember having some questions about the name's origin)
Menkalinan

Menkalinan

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #11 - Bellerophon   Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty26.01.09 23:56

A girl ? No way !
Knowing Melaine's nationality is a revelation, right ?
Benetnash

Benetnash

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #11 - Bellerophon   Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty27.01.09 0:02

Menkalinan a écrit:
A girl ? No way !
Knowing Melaine's nationality is a revelation, right ?
Yes it is. I don't recall Ethan mentioning it sooner. But I thought it was kind of obvious, when he said he spent his time speaking English.

Mesarthim a écrit:
By the way, am I the only one who just learned Melaine is English? (though I remember having some questions about the name's origin)
Actually, you wouldn't belive me if I told you the real origin of the name, which is... very... contextual...
I didn't look on the Internet to find a real name if this what you thought. It just came out and fit the character very well
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #11 - Bellerophon   Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty27.01.09 0:12

I thought she just happened to be fluent in English, and he was just lazy. But now you explain, it could be have been obvious...

So what's the story of that name really? I was sure it was a wrong spelling for Melanie at first.
Benetnash

Benetnash

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #11 - Bellerophon   Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty27.01.09 14:46

Mesarthim a écrit:
I thought she just happened to be fluent in English, and he was just lazy. But now you explain, it could be have been obvious...

So what's the story of that name really? I was sure it was a wrong spelling for Melanie at first.
It is not a wrong spelling, but it is based off Melanie (an ex of mine).
It came from a quote of Menkalinan, and a little town we cross when we travel from Angers to Poitiers : Ste Melaine sur Aubance.
She said that this village's name always reminded her of the "poufiasse" (ask her if you want details).
So when I created the character, I found the name fitted her pretty well.
It kinda sounded Brittish in my opinion, too.

Dernière édition par Benetnash le 27.01.09 19:34, édité 2 fois
Menkalinan

Menkalinan

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #11 - Bellerophon   Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty27.01.09 19:08

I thought you wouldn't explain.
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #11 - Bellerophon   Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty27.01.09 21:22

Lol I guess there are good stories I could ask for there But I won't. Though, it does tell a lot about the character now. Who can suggest a good translation for "pouffiasse"??
Alhena

Alhena

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #11 - Bellerophon   Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty28.01.09 21:28

"slut"?
Benetnash

Benetnash

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #11 - Bellerophon   Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty28.01.09 22:44

Bitch would work as well.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #11 - Bellerophon   Fragment #11 - Bellerophon Empty

Fragment #11 - Bellerophon
Page 1 sur 1