Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre 14 couverts – ...
339 € 622 €
Voir le deal

Fragment #75 - Quick lunch with friends

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

Fragment #75 - Quick lunch with friends Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #75 - Quick lunch with friends   Fragment #75 - Quick lunch with friends Empty28.06.09 21:40

Saturday, June 27th 2009
in Glasgow

I breathe in deeply and look up at Buchanan Street. This is the first day of the so long waited for holidays. Plus, I can’t wait to start the new job in September. Everything just sounds fine. I said goodbye to the shrink last week. I felt guilty, at last, of feeling sad and in perpetual dissatisfaction. I don’t think this is rare in our occidental privileged countries. But I felt it has to be me no more.
We arranged to meet at Starbuck’s for a sandwich with Mark, Ruth and Claire. It’s been ages since we haven’t seen each other together, while two years ago we used to hang out all the time. But time passed, I moved out from Claire’s, my sister’s roommate became my boyfriend and I started to like more this new group of friends. Am I versatile?
Arriving in front of Borders, I can see Claire is already there. She sees me, smiles and we hug.
“Hey you! How does it feel, the holidays??”
“Great, just fab…”
We start talking about my plans in the Loire Valley. She is taking a few days off in August before she starts off with the PGCE. I was amazed when she told me she was going back to uni and wanted to be a primary teacher. How do things change… We talk about all our plans, and I realize it was really time for a catch up. Ruth and Mark, who are getting married next summer, will be joining us in a few minutes. This little moment feels good, as I realize time flies off, that we all grow up but still we keep in touch and that we are still there for each other. I’ll be there for you sounds pretty idealistic to me, but still sometimes I can find nice to enjoy those mellow moments. Sometimes it looks like I can forget to be a pessimistic.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Alhena

Alhena

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #75 - Quick lunch with friends   Fragment #75 - Quick lunch with friends Empty28.06.09 23:50

Hey hey, is Amelie growing up slowly?
Mesarthim

Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #75 - Quick lunch with friends   Fragment #75 - Quick lunch with friends Empty30.06.09 9:52

Not too quickly, don't worry
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #75 - Quick lunch with friends   Fragment #75 - Quick lunch with friends Empty

Fragment #75 - Quick lunch with friends
Page 1 sur 1