Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -20%
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, ...
Voir le deal
399 €

Fragment #21 - In the middle of the night

AuteurMessage
Alhena

Alhena

Fragment #21 - In the middle of the night Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #21 - In the middle of the night   Fragment #21 - In the middle of the night Empty14.01.10 1:29

Wednesday, January 12th 2010
in Glasgow

I open Aidan's door and quickly get to his crib. I take him in my arms and start swinging him slowly. Another nightmare... Unless his teeth are taunting him. Charlie has finally gone to sleep, and I don't want that little boy to wake her up, she needs her sleep. They both do. Well, actually, we all need our sleep... I go to the kitchen, still carrying my son in my arms. I open the fridge, and get out his cold dummy. It should help to ease the pain. I keep walking back and forth through the apartment, talking quietly to my little baby. After a little while, he closes his eyes and seems to go back to sleep. I linger a tiny while, and then set him back in his bed. After reassuring myself by staying at his side, I get back under my own covers. Charlie's there, sleeping. She's so deeply asleep that she's not even smiling. My... yes, my wife. God, I can still not believe in this miracle. I lay down facing her, pull her arm a bit, slide underneath it and set it back on my side. Then I gently move around and get her head on my torso. I need to feel her next to me, otherwise I can't fall asleep. I need to be able to watch her sleep, even for a few seconds before setting of myself. I missed her presence in this very bed so badly once. My brave wife... I feel as if I could grasp happiness, just there, just now. My son is beautiful, I'm married to the woman I hold dearest to my heart. I love my job, my parents and family are well, and my friends are super duper, as Vince would say. I catch my breath. How long this state close to paradise will last? Better enjoy every minute of it while I can, but then again why should it end? Sleep, Steve, sleep. The middle of the night is certainly not the best of time to wonder about such things...
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #21 - In the middle of the night
Page 1 sur 1