Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

Fragment #2 - Fair words

AuteurMessage
Benetnash

Benetnash

Fragment #2 - Fair words Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #2 - Fair words   Fragment #2 - Fair words Empty04.01.09 23:34

Thursday, 20th of November 2008
In Angoulême

Gliding lights, multicolour flashes everywhere. Roaring thrill rides and rollercoasters all over the place. Candy-floss and fritter scents filling the air. Maybe a bit crowded, but you cannot help it. I feel like a child here. It’s been ages since I have had so much fun.
“Can you just remind me why I agreed to come with you?”
“Aww, come on! Don’t tell me you’re not enjoying it. Look over there, you want me to get you a plush?”
Not event listening to her protests, I rush toward a stand filled with Roadrunner, Spider-Man and Winnie the Pooh dolls. Man, I couldn’t remember pulling a rope was that expensive! I spend almost two minutes focusing on the big Venusaur plush, following its string through the intertwined knots up to the pack in which I have to choose mine. I try my best not to cross the amused gaze the stallholder is casting over me. He must think that I am retarded.
Firmly decided, I grab the rope screaming my name and confidently pulls it, waiting for the stuffed Pokemon to spring into my arms. But as the string slides into the iron ring sealed under the roof, the blue and green monster remains where it stands. From behind the front shelf, the rope reveals a small and ugly SpongeBob. The stallholder offers me the doll with a large smile. I take it and turn around without a word, heading for the spot where Melaine is waiting for me.
“What took you so long?”
“I… erm… I couldn’t find a SpongeBob in the first place…”
We hang in the place for a long time, going from a machine to another, as I absent-mindedly listen to every reason she gives me in order to avoid having to enter any of them. Too fast, too high, turning upside down…
“We can always go another day. Maybe this week end. I’m not feeling too well right now”
“Come on Melaine, you know I’m playing in St Egrève on Saturday, I will be gone for three days. The fair will be over by the time I come back.”
And as I put on my beseeching air, she reluctantly gives up, and follows me into one thriller ride.
The ride goes spinning faster and faster, nailing us into our seats. I can’t help but scream, feeling the adrenaline rushing through my veins, an emotion I only experience during my most brilliant games. Melaine grabs my hand and squeeze it as if she was about to die, yelling that she hates me. It takes her some time to recover, and I have to hold her as we get out.
“Can we just come back home now?”
Yes, we are going home now, but there was a reason why I brought her here in the first place, and I can’t leave without it. I tell her to wait for me as I make my way through the crowd, looking for one of the numerous candy shops. A delicate smile lights her face when I come back with my catch.
“A love’s apple?”
“I’ve always wanted to share one. I never had the chance before. But when I saw the fair had settled in Angoulême, I haven’t stopped thinking about it.”
She kisses me. Then she takes a mouthful of the candy apple.

Later that night, she waked me up.
“You know, I have been thinking about your lack of an occasion to share an apple. Actually, you never talked to me about any of your former girlfriend. Why is that?”
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #2 - Fair words
Page 1 sur 1