Etoiles d'Encre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Comment participer ?Comment participer ?  ConnexionConnexion  
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

Fragment #104 - Giving the big news

AuteurMessage
Alhena

Alhena

Fragment #104 - Giving the big news Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #104 - Giving the big news   Fragment #104 - Giving the big news Empty05.01.09 15:05

Tuesday, December 30th 2008
in Glasgow

"I think it's time now."
"Really? But I don't want to!"
"Charlie, stop acting like a child. They're dead worried about you. Come on..."
"Ok, ok. I'll do it."
"Now."
"No, later."
"Charlie... I tell you what, if you do it now, we open the Christmas presents as soon as you're finished."
I give Steve a poor smile. I really don't want to do it. But I know he's right. I get the phone in my hand and dial my parents' number in France.
"Allo oui?"
"Allo, maman?"
"Oh... Charlie? Oh my God! CHARLIE!!!! Jules, Charlie's on the phone!"
I hear my dad in the background, and then Paul as well. Suddenly, everybody speaks at the same time: Mum put the speaker on.
"Calm down, Mum. Yes, Dad, I'm fine, I'm free. Yes, Paul, I'm at the flat with Steve."
"Oh honey... I don't know what to say... This is just a miracle! How did it happen?" (Dad)
"I escaped. But I don't want to talk about it."
"Sure, that's perfectly understandable, sis." (Paul)
"Well, at least now you can maybe use this experience and write an article about it." (Mum)
I don't answer. Does she realise what she is saying? Does she actually realise what I have been through? Never mind.
"I have to go. I love you all. Take care."
And I hung up. I sigh and look at Steve.
"See why I didn't want to do it?"
"It's important for them, hun. Your dad helped a lot. He called me every two days throughout your whole captivity to check for some news."
"What? Why?"
"Because he was asked by his embassy to stay in France and not get involved. The only person that had contact with the police and your kidnappers as well, was me."
"It shouldn't have been this way. My dad should have been the one doing that. It's his fault after all."
I'm still so angry. I look at Steve. His face makes my anger disappear instantly.
"I... I'm sorry, love." There is a silence, and then I say: "Ok, I'll call Sasha and Cameron, and then we'll open our presents, ok?"
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #104 - Giving the big news
Page 1 sur 1